The seat occupancy mat is a sensor mounted in the front passenger seat. The other names of the seat mat sensor are: "Automatic Child Seat Recognition", "AKSE", "Component B48", "Front Passenger Seat Occupied and Child Seat Recognition", "SA Code U18", "9025".
The emulator simulates a situation of a person sitting in the passenger seat with a seat belt fastened. To make the emulator work you need a diagnostic tool (like Autel, Bosch, iCarsoft etc.) to remove old errors of a broken seat mat that are stored in the airbag control unit. Once you connect the emulator your diagnostic tool will be able to remove old errors and turn off the SRS/airbag warning. Unfortunately, the errors related to the safety systems are not removing automatically.
Before purchase, please scan your car with a diagnostic tool to make sure your SRS/airbag warning is caused by a defective seat mat. These warnings can be turned on by at least 6 sensors mounted in the seat. The emulator solves the problem caused by a faulty seat mat only. The emulator will not solve your problem if a different sensor is faulty - the SRS/airbag warning light will still be present after connecting the emulator and removing the error present in the diagnostic tool.
This offer includes 2-in-1 device:
- seat mat emulator with original connector - it is marked as 1 on the second photo
- seat belt emulator with original connector (it switches off the unfasten seat belt sound and light) - it is marked as 2 on the second photo
- detailed installation instruction (with photos/videos, will be sent to your email address after we send the item) - also available here
- our technical support until fixing the problem
- 24 months warranty
FOR FOLLOWING CARS:
Mercedes-Benz cars with a seat mat connector with 3 wires in colors red, white, brown (see third photo) or black, brown, blue (see fourth photo). This emulator will not work with seat mats with different colors of the wires, it will not work with cars sold in the USA and Canada, and it will not work with cars equipped with front passenger seat with the Weight Sensing System (WSS, SA Code: U10)! Please check your seat mat connector or contact us before purchase if you are not sure how to find the correct connector.
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class W176 (2012-2018)
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class W246 (2011-2018)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA C117 Coupe (2013-2016)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA X117 Shooting Brake (2014-2016)
- Mercedes-Benz CLS C218 (2010-2018)
- Mercedes-Benz CLS X218 Shooting Brake (2012-2018)
- Mercedes-Benz GL X166 (2012-2015)
- Mercedes-Benz ML W166 (2011-2015)
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class W222 (2013-2017)
- Mercedes-Benz SLC R172 (2016-2019)
- Mercedes-Benz SLK R172 (2011-2015)
The device is for diagnostic use only. The emulator is not a factory equipment and should only be used only as a temporary solution until you replace the original sensor. We advise you to inform all users of your vehicle about the presence of the emulator. Do not not place a child seat on the front seat! Be sure that fitting this emulator is not against any law in your country. By purchasing you agree that we are not liable for any damages or losses that may arise from the use of the emulator and we are not responsible for any problems on your airbag system as this is a solution for a faulty passenger seat mat only. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the seller be held liable for direct or indirect damages including but not limited to harm to any equipment and/or for personal injury/death arising out of the use, or the inability to use the item sold on this website.
Compatible with following part numbers: A2468700310, A2188709710, A1668700079, A2228700110, A2228700310, A1728700210