The seat occupancy mat is a sensor mounted in the front passenger seat. The other names of the seat mat sensor are: "Automatic Child Seat Recognitation", "AKSE", "Component B48", "Front Passenger Seat Occupied and Child Seat Recognition", "SA Code U18", "9025".
The emulator simulates a situation of a person sitting in the passenger seat with a seat belt fastened. To make the emulator work you need a diagnostic tool (like Autel, Bosch, iCarsoft etc.) to remove old errors of a broken seat mat that are stored in the airbag control unit. Once you connect the emulator your diagnostic tool will be able to remove old errors and turn off the SRS/airbag warning. Unfortunately, the errors related to the safety systems are not removing automatically.
Before purchase, please scan your car with a diagnostic tool to make sure your SRS/airbag warning is caused by a defective seat mat. These warnings can be turned on by at least 6 sensors mounted in the seat. The emulator solves the problem caused by a faulty seat mat only. The emulator will not solve your problem if a different sensor is faulty - the SRS/airbag warning light will still be present after connecting the emulator and removing the error present in the diagnostic tool.
This offer includes 2-in-1 device:
- seat mat emulator with original connector - it is marked as 1 on the second photo
- seat belt emulator with original connector (it switches off the unfasten seat belt sound and light) - it is marked as 2 on the second photo
- detailed installation instruction (with photos/videos, will be sent to your email address after we send the item) - also available here
- our technical support until fixing the problem
- 24 months warranty
FOR FOLLOWING CARS:
Mercedes-Benz cars with a seat mat connector with 3 wires (colors: red, white, brown). Please check your seat mat connector or contact us before purchase if you are not sure how to find the correct connector. This emulator will not work with seat mats with 2 or 4 wires and it will not work with cars sold in the USA and Canada!
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 Saloon/Sedan (production years: 2004-2005)
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class S203 Estate (production years: 2004-2005)
- Mercedes-Benz CLK C209 Coupe (production years: 2004-2005) - the emulator will turn off the seat belt presenter in that model
- Mercedes-Benz CLK A209 Cabriolet (production years: 2004-2005) - the emulator will turn off the seat belt presenter in that model
The device is for diagnostic use only. The emulator is not a factory equipment and should only be used as a short term temporary occupancy bypass solution until you replace the original seat sensor. We advise you to inform all users of your vehicle about the presence of the emulator. Do not not place the child seat on the front seat! Be sure that fitting this emulator is not against any law in your country. By purchasing you agree that we are not liable for any damages or losses that may arise from the use of the emulator and we are not responsible for any problems on your airbag system as this is a solution for a faulty passenger seat mat only. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall the seller be held liable for direct or indirect damages including but not limited to harm to any equipment and/or for personal injury/death arising out of the use, or the inability to use the bypass item sold on this website.
Compatible with following part numbers: